Followers

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Chapstick and Gluesticks

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #29
Add Humor to your Card/Creation



This fortnights challenge them has been chosen by DT Jeanette and I have to admit I cringed when I saw the theme, humour is not really my strong point.   Where to start, what to do, decisions, decisions, decisions.  I did make a card first with a toilet on it but then I remembered I had this fab image from Bugaboo 'Stella Glue Stick' which I bought to create a page with for a journal I am creating for my daughter.  She has a tendency to speak before she thinks at times hahaha so I am sure when in the distant future she is given this journal she will have a good laugh when she sees this page.



I superimposed the Bugaboo image and sentiment onto the background using Photoshop and printed.  I then used Polychromos to colour the image and paper pieced the shoes and clothes.  The background was then coloured with Pan Pastels and as it was a bit bland I used a Sheena Douglas stencil from Crafter's Companion and Tim Holtz Distress Ink to add a bit more decoration.
Challenges entered:-

6 comments:

  1. I bet your daughter loves it when she eventually gets the journal. I love Bugaboo images and we both chose Stella. lol Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project Jane. I have seen that quote before and quite agree. Love Bugaboo images and sentiments. They somehow just hit the nail on the head,

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I think you're right! I love this Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! What a fun sentiment and it goes perfect with that cranky old lady! A very fun art piece! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha funny page and cleverly made. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun project! I love the stamps :D Thanks for sharing your project at Challenge up your life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi