Followers

Monday, February 20, 2017

Storytime Together

A bit of me time and experimentation today :) :) :)  I am so useless at stamping hahaha, tried acrylic blocks, they work fine but I can't get things where I want them and can reprint if the ink is not even.  Got the roll type acrylic blocks and they are easier but I have left them in the UK so are 4,000 miles away from me in Saudi.  Have been thinking about the Misti stamp tool, look awesome but I hesitate to spend so much until I can try something similar.  Anyway, to cut a long story short I found the hack of using the IKEA Hemmingsbo picture frame and we do have an IKEA here in Saudi believe it or not.  At a very low outlay and an afternoon creating it I now have something similar to the Misti to try and improve my stamping with.


To make my card I used the stampset 'Storytime Together' by Crisalis Classics from Crafter's Companion.  The stamp successfully stamped 3 times using my new tool so I had pretty much a perfect impression.  I was so chuffed with the sentiment, managing to place the stamped text inside the stamped frame almost perfectly hurray :) :) :).  The image was coloured with Spectrum Noir Pencils.  For the background I die cut some button hearts and used them to emboss, this way I could emboss around the image with more control.  Next I die cut some Tim Holtz word sentiments and stuck them to the card ready for me to start inking.  To colour the background of the card and image layer I used Spectrum Noir Aqua Tints.  A bit of ribbon, a bow and a chipboard heart embellishment finished off the card.

Items used from Crafter's Companion:-

  • Stamp set  'Storytime Together' by Crisalis Classics
  • Spectrum Noir ColourBlend pencils
  • Spectrun Noir Aqua Tints
  • Neenah Classic
Challenges entered:-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi