Followers

Sunday, December 14, 2014

SPS - Hooty So in Love

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps called Hooty So In Love by Concetta Kilmer.  This image is being used by the whole team for our Variation Week creations.

This image just shouted Valentine to me :) :) :) now that is a celebration I love :)  I just could not resist having a blue and pink owl.

The image was coloured with Spectrum Noir Blendable Crayons.
 Onto making the card.  After having tried several different papers and none giving me the effect I wanted I ended up settling to go with mulberry paper with its beautiful texture.  The papers were only attached in the centre as I wanted the edges to flappy.
 Next I embossed the card blank with the mulberry papers attached.
 To finish off the card I printed my sentiment <g> and mounted it on the same mulberry paper combination.  Spellbinder Grand ovals and Scalloped Ovals were used to mount the image.   Now I know it was not straight, that is deliberate - no relationship is so perfect, it has it's off centre moments but working through them is the 'key' to having strong foundations and 'padlocking' the union <g>. Talking about keys and padlock, the die used for these was Cottage Cuts Lock and Key.



Ingredients
  • Image -  Hooty So In Love by Concetta Kilmer available from the Sweet Pea Stamps store
  • Spectrum Noir Blendable Crayons
  • Dies - Spellbinders Grand Ovals and Scalloped Ovals, Cottage Cuts Lock and Key
  • Gold twine and mulberry paper from my stash
I am entering this card in the following challenges:-
Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a happy crafting day ahead of you :) :)

3 comments:

  1. OH my goodness this is just adorable. Love the blue and pink Owl they are perfect. Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Inspirational Challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope you come back soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi