Followers

Monday, December 29, 2014

SPS - Fairy 11

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the beautiful image Fairy 11 by one of our new artists, Amy Brown which is available from the Sweet Pea Store.

 To begin with I thought I would try something new and printed the image onto design paper, a bit tricky getting it to print in the lightest part of the paper so as to make colouring easiest.  I decided to use Faber Castle Polychrosmos pencils to colour with which are oil base as I wanted a lighter level of colouring and they work wonderfully on all sorts of different paper types too.
Using the border edge on the paper I then backed my base card.  Some dark wine card was used for the scalloped mount.  Gold flower chain was added to one side of the border and I then cut three single sections and used these to embellish the image.  To finish off gold Liquid Pearls were placed in the scallops of the wine mount.  A very simple card and I did plan to add flowers but this card was a case of less is better I think.



Ingredients:-
  • Image - rubber stamp, Fairy 11 by Amy Brown
  • Flower paper but I can't remember the company it is from
  • Spellbinders Grand Ovals and Scalloped Ovals
  • Gold Liquid Pearls
  • Gold chain from my stash
I am entering into the following challenges:-
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the less is better. This card is so beautiful the way it is. Love the coloring of the image. Thank You for sharing with us over at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog.

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi