Followers

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Hot Chocolate

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #214

Theme 'Anything Goes' 

The sponsor is StitchyBear Digital Outlet with the May 7 image prize pack. To win main prize you MUST use an Image from our store. Runner up prize for person using none store image is $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet. So everyone can win something ;O).

My mini team are using the digi 'Hot Chocolate' by Berry Dust this week and I have decided to make a bag for my Grandson :)

To begin with I used some pre die cut fur trees which I placed around the bottom left and around the side of the bag then finished off with some Christmas ribbon all the way round.
I added a verse I found, think it was from Splitcoasters which seemed perfect for the mug of hot chocolate.  Next I coloured the digi with Promarkers,  The marshmallow top section was embossed with White Foam embossing powder.  For the mug section I used Derwent crayons as I didn't want the smooth finish of the Promarkers or the depth of colour but to have more rustic look.  This section was embossed with clear embossing power for a real touchy feely effect.  The digi was fussy cut and attached to the bag with foam tape.
 Close up of the embossed mug and verse.
Time to die cut - I had planned on using pre cut foam letters but apart from not being able to find them I remembered they were only numbers anyway - not much use lol.  Using SCAL and my die cutter I took the easy route :) These were then coloured with a green Promarker and finished off with gold and clear embossing powders.
 Promarkers used
And there we have it, a quick project and come Christmas time when filled with a new mug, hot chocolate and a bag of marshmallows I hope one wee boy will have a happy smile on his face :) :) :) I did add some white pom-pom things for a bit of fun to represent snow and a ribbon to the top of the bag because I like bows hahaha.


Ingredients:-
I am entering the following challenges
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

17 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous Christmas treat bag Jane. The image is great and I love how you have embellished the bag. The contents are the real icing on the cake - or rather the chocolate in the sack! Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shouldn't be allowed to see hot chocolate in a mug 'cos it always sets me off and I just have to have one. This really is a fab idea though and a brilliant design. I don't think you are ever too old to receive something like this. Yum yum!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Project Thank you for sharing with us over at Completely Christmas
    we would love to see you back again next week for another great challenge.....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Completely Christmas
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute, thanks for sharing at Holly Jolly this week.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute bag and great idea to personalise I must try this. Jacqui from Craftitude

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely project Mimi. I have a few friends that would love this for Christmas. The image is so sweet - like the chocolate? LOL. Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly this week and we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project, love all of your elements and techniques. Thank you for joining us at HIMCR this week.

    Sue - HIMCR DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous creation.Thanks for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great treat bag! !! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely treat bag thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 13 with your lovely card, also Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 30 - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for May - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, this is just precious! I bet your grandson loved it. I love chocolate but it would be a hard choice between the bag and the contents as to which I like more :-)
    Thank you for joining in the fun at HIMCR. Good luck and I hope you see you again next week.
    Lena
    xxx
    http://www.lenascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Christmas gift bag for your grandson. :D I really like the sentiment you used, so darn cute.
    Your OSAAT Teamie
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun project, love the bear so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a beautiful bag ! Love the colors and it has such a warm and happy feel to it. Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

    ReplyDelete
  17. so sweet thanks for joining us at SCH
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi