Followers

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Mandolin


Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #201

Theme 'Girly'

Our sponsor this week is Creative Craft World with a prize of 3 Promarkers.  To win this prize you MUST use a digi from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet.  A second prize of $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet will be given to an entrant who does not use a SB product.

This week I had the opportunity of choosing a digi from our one and only Stitchy of Stitchy Stamps.  With this being a love challenge it had to be Mandolin.  Our theme is Girly and what immediately comes to mind is a card for a little girl.  I did one of those last week and was not in my comfort zone and although I need more practice in them, two weeks running was a bit to much for my brain to handle.  So my interpretation of 'girly' is something a bloke won't want to receive <g>.  I rather fancied something different this time and ended up designing a lattice die cut card front with lattice on one side the area where the digi would be placed left alone.  To this I then created a shape which would follow the shape of the digi and the edge of the lattice design.  Next to cut it out and see what it looked like. yes, pleased with that.  Next I embossed the cut out fronw with a music embossing folder to tie in with the digi and the sentiment I planned to use. I raided my magazines for some dp, not something I do often lol and found what I thought would be perfect for the colours I wanted to use.  Next I printed the digi and coloured with Promarkers then mounted on black card to pick out the black from the dp.  The digi was mounted with foam tape for added dimension. For the sentiment layer I used acetate which was attached behind the front of the card and cut to the same size and the card size, giving the impression of a shape card but allowing me to position the text in a way it could be seen but not be the main focal point.  Next flowers - I am not very good at making flowers but today I was going to try and conquer this.  A die I have had by Marianne Design -craftables-flower set seemed to be the one to try.  I must say, I am really pleased with the outcome.  Some time ago I picked up a few flower stamens, they have lived in a drawer for ages but today they saw daylight and worked so well with the die.  Another Marianne die was used called Lavender which I cut in black three times and placed behind the flowers I made.  To finish off I added some shiny black gems to the floral section and Stickles to the bracelet and mandolin and flower head piece :)



Close-up of the sentiment.  I chose not to have the sentiment jump out at you as I really wanted the digi and the flowers to be the main focal point.  By printing the sentiment on acetate you have a ghosting effect on the card which I love.  Here I have put some white card behind it so you can see what is written easily.


Ingredient:-
  • Digi - 'Mandolin' by Stitchy Stamps
  • Die cut background by me
  • Promarkers - Soft Green, Pastel Green, Tea Green, Dusky Rose, Pink Pastel, Black, Cool Grey 3-5, Warm Grey 1, Cinnamon, Raw Sienna, Honeycombe, Metallinc Copper
  • Flex Markers - Nutmeg, Dusky Pink, Blush and Linen
  • Dies - Marianne Design -craftables-flower set and Lavender
  • DP, flower stamens, Stickles and gems from my stash
I am entering this project in the following challenges:-

17 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Treasure ......what a lot to see and enjoy on each different viewing. I particularly like the soft flowing shape following the line of your image ....makes me want to gently sway to the music of love being played.

    Your flowers have turned out so well and look so exotic winding their way up the trellis. Isn't it great when you stash turns up the perfect finishing touch? Your stamens even complement the colouring of this card :-)

    Perhaps you could leave this card under your own dear husband's nose in the hope that he would like to give you this special love card. Lots of love xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Jane, and I love those black Marianne die lavender stems. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - love how you've coloured those pleats and creases in her clothes - it looks so three-dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous. Thanks for linking this up to our challenge at Tando this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a labor of love! This is beautiful, especially the image. Lovely card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card and beautifully coloured thankyou for joining our challenge this fortnight at craftitude.
    Good luck
    Fiona dt. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. clever shape card, Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors that match our Inspiration Photo...so glad you played along with us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so original and beautiful! Those black flowers and vines are fabulous. I love everything about it! So many great touches. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Jane, this is lovely. The colours are so rich and really give it an oriental feel. I love the black vines and the way your sentiment is just peeking out on the card...what a wonderful effect. That image is so lovely too and I can see it could be used for a variety of cards. Your colouring is stunning as always...I can almost feel the softness of her dress. Wow...what a wonderful girly creation for our challenge this week.

    Lynn, OSAAT DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great card Mimi and perfect for our Ladies Day theme, thank so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    I would love it if you joined in my Spellbinder blog celebration here

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many pretty details on your card. Love the way you did the sentiment on acetate. Thanks for joining us at the Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mimi...a work of art...so pretty. It has such an exotic and romantic feel to it. Cutting around the lady created movement on your card that is great. Thanks for sharing with the Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful :-) I love how you did the sentiment... as well as the beautifully coloured image of course! Thanks for joining in the Tic Tac Toe challenge at Di's Digi Designs Good luck and hope to see you in our next challenge too, Donna ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's very beautiful!! Thanks for entering this into the Passion challenge at Tando Creative this month. Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully colored image on your striking card! thanks for joining us this week at Just Us girls!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning! I love the image and your layout is just perfect. Maggie - DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi