Followers

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Seeing Red


Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #193

Theme 'Seeing Red'

Our sponsor this week is Creative Craft World with a prize of 3 Promarkers.  To win this prize you MUST use a digi from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet.  A second prize of $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet will be given to an entrant who does not use a SB product.

This week I had the opportunity of choosing a digi from one of our newest creators - Scrappers Delight, totally awesome artwork and a difficult choice I can tell you.  In the end I opted for 'Winter Elf', after all, saying as I was planning on making a bag, what could be more perfect than a red bag, red and white coloured digi with a Christmas theme for our Seeing Red challenge :)

I used a design paper from the Coosty Creations Poinsettia digital stamp pack as my background and placed the digi on top then printed.  The digi was coloured with Promarkers then Silver Fleck embossing powder and White Lace Stickles applied to the white areas instead of colouring with shades of grey and Christmas Red to the shoes.  I created a tag with the same backing paper which I digitally applied text to.  Rummaging through my ribbon stash I found what I think is just the perfect ribbon for this project and applied this around the top of the bag.  Next I found some red sparkly tulle stuff which I folded into fan shapes and attached to the bag. Finally I mounted the label on old gold (well I guess it is old in two senses, had it for a while lol and 'old gold' colour' ) paper and attached to the bag with foam tape.


Close-up of digi


Ingredient:-
  • Digi - 'Winter Elf' by Scrappers Delight
  • Promarkers - Sunkissed Pink, Cocktail Pink, Lipstick Red, Poppy, Crimson, Buttercup, Saffron, Honeycomb
  • Flex Markers - Dusky Pink and Blush
  • White Lace Stickles
  • Silver Fleck and Christmas Red Embossing Powders
  • Bag, lace and ribbon from my stash
I am entering this project in the following challenges:-

15 comments:

  1. This is so fun and festive. Love the gold lace trimming at the top.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful festive Christmas bag. It'll look gorgeous under the Christmas tree and is deserving of a very special gift to a very special person inside. The old gold lace trim and the red tulle fans add such elegant textures to enhance beautiful 'Winter Elf'.

    Lots of love xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful gift bag and yes, I love the gold lace trim too. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you are not just seeing red you are seeing a lot of red. Great job she is adorable and I love the trim!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    Your Sister OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, and bound to make a gift so much more special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome project. It's so cute! Hugs, Erin DT teamie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...this is stunning. It sure does pop with all the red. Gorgeous creation.


    Lynn, OSAAT DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvelous - such a vibrant card... I LUV it :-) xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab gift bag ,lucky person who relieves this ,love the image and vibrant colour
    Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers and good luck
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet!! Thanks for playing with us this week at The Crafter’s Cafe Challenge Blog! Hope to see your work in our next challenge!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab christmas creation and thanks for sharing with us at Craft

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice Creation! Love the added texture! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bag! The image is so cute and beautifully coloured.

    Victoria (OSAAT teamie)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely bag. Your image you used is so cute and your coloring is fantastic. Maggie - OSAAT DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my gosh!!! What an AMAZING gift bag! Can I get a gift from you, too? :) It truly is gorgeous . . . and you did an AMAZING job with the coloring. Thanks for joining us this week at Hiding In My Craft Room. Hope to see you join us again soon! (and Good Luck!!!)

    Kathy HIMCR DT
    UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi