Followers

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Play TIme

I saw a rather cute challenge was on the go at Tip Top Tuesday and decided to make a card using a digi from Digi Darla called 'Skate Girl', she is just a bit to cute don't you think <g>

I seem to be into purple and orange at the moment, don't know what the story is but a couple of weeks ago all my cards seemed to be blue and yellow (must be a mood thing!!!!!)  For this card I coloured the girl skater and fussy cut her. The background had me a bit stuck, pattern paper was not working, flowers really didn't work with this image, plain/embossed paper looked flat.  In the end I cut the right side of the card so the digi would fit nicely but add a bit of dimension instead of a plain square card.  That certainly helped, then I designed my own backing paper using an image of a skate park.  It was great fun playing around with some of the effects you can get in design software and I found an effect which I thought was great, you can see the skate park but there is not so much information that the digi gets lost in it.  Next was the sentiment topper which I printed and then using my Black Cat cut around and also created a shadow layer in the darker purple colour.  This was mounted to the card with foam tape along with the digi.  To finish off and just a a teeny bit of bling I added three orange crystals.  The inside of the card was lined in a slightly mottled paper which I had in my stash, super lucky as the colour was just perfect.  Isn't it such a great feeling when you find something in your stash that you have hung onto 'just in case' finds the perfect use, I do :)

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog and I hope you like the card.  Hugs Mimi

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, what a cute card ... just perfect for a tomboy. That background works brilliantly because it does not detract from the skater herself but adds so much to the overall detail. Interesting how the word 'stash' has become the acceptable word for a hoarder .... you should see my yarn stash :-) Well done anyway. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab and so perfect for our play theme. Your little skater girl is so cute!
    Annette
    Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi